Ragdoll cats are large, semi-longhaired cats with beautiful blue eyes. They have a plush, silky coat. The Ragdoll comes in four traditional pointed colors: seal, chocolate blue and lilac. Their body color is a shade lighter than their point color, found on the face, legs, tail and ears. The hind legs are entirely white. Bicolors have a white mask that looks like an inverted V. Ragdolls weigh between 10 to 20 pounds.
Ragdoll cats are quiet, mild-mannered and amiable. They make ideal indoor buddies. One of the best features of these cats is their casual, sweet demeanor. They are full of life but they are not too overexcited. They are known to adjust easily to their environment. Ragdolls get along famously with children and adults alike, as well as cats and dogs. They are loving without being too demanding. They have quiet, polite voices and they are known for their love for food.
- The Ragdoll was named as such because they have a tendency to relax in a person’s arms like a ragdoll.
- The RagaMuffin is the newest type of Ragdoll. The difference is that they come in red point, lynx point and tortie point.
- Ragdolls often come to greet their owners at the door and follow you from room to room.
- A ragdoll cat may come when called and play fetch.
- Ragdolls are commonly referred to as “gentle giants.”