Why trust Lifestyle Pets?
We invests our time and energy researching, analyzing and testing products in order to recommend the best choices for most consumers. All products are bought with our own funds, never accepting freebies from manufacturers.
PetSafeDrinkwell 360 Stainless Steel Pet Fountain
PetSafeDrinkwell Pagoda Fountain
LotusPet Fountain Cat and Dog Water Dispenser
IpettieTritone Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain
How we decidedEvery product we review is purchased with our own funds. No freebies are ever accepted from product manufacturers.
- 84 Models Considered
- 10 Hours Researched
- 1 Experts Interviewed
- 94 Consumers Consulted
Why Do Your Pets Need a Water Fountain?
Last Updated July 2019
Are you concerned that your pets don’t have enough fresh water to drink? In particular, cats prefer running, filtered water. Rather than having a boring, stagnant water bowl, a water fountain can give your pets fresh clean water so that everything nasty can be filtered out. How can your pets benefit from a water fountain?
- It gives your pet fresh, clean water. Many pet fountains include a filter that removes impurities from the water. Because these filters are replaceable and long-lasting, your pet always has fresh, clean water. This is particularly helpful for cats who suffer from kidney problems.
- Easy, hassle-free maintenance: Instead of having to refill the water bowl many times throughout the day, a water fountain has a reservoir underneath or behind the main bowl, so that all you need to do is make certain that the reservoir has enough water to flow into the water bowl.
- Prevents whisker stress in cats: Have you ever heard of whisker stress? This common irritation happens when a water bowl is too deep. The water can irritate the whiskers and prevent your cat from staying hydrated. Because most water fountains have a shallow bowl, your cat will be able to sip comfortably.
- Perfect for houses with multiple pets: If you have more than one pet, a filtered fountain is perfect. Since it filters out dog slobber, your cat won’t be grossed out to drink out of the same fountain. This makes for a more pleasant drinking experience for all your pets.
- Encourages your pets to consume more water: Because most water fountains create a circulating flow of water, this is appealing to pets, and it encourages them to drink more.